Friday, January 11, 2013

The Rainbow Connection





  When I hear the word "rainbow" I instantly think of Kermit, sitting on a rock, strumming his banjo. Ahhh, the good ol' days! I love rainbows, I always have and when I saw this weeks Papertrey Ink Make It Monday I was excited to play along!  I also wanted to play along with the Moxie Fab World 75 Creative Cards Challenge - Create Your Own Background challenge I. Love.This.Card! Yes, it was a bit labor intensive, but the end result is so pretty! I used the PTI Sheet Music Background Basics set, and using a sponge, I daubed ink on the stamp for each color, stamped, and repeated the process 2 more times.  I added a sentiment using Think Big Favorites # 12, and a die cut butterfly from the Beautiful Butterflies collection. After I cut my card stock I ran it through my crimper. I finished off my card with a Plum Pudding button tied with twine from The Twinery! Since I had all my inks out, I stamped two more cards and will get those finished and posted in the next couple of days.  Thank you so much for stopping by!

                                                                                  

9 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute card Ronnie! Fun new blog header too!!

Thanks for the gorgeous Christmas card too!! Love it!!

Hugs, K

Deborah Frings said...

I really like this - so pretty. I adore rainbows!

Love your blog header too!

JJ Bolton said...

Such a sweet card! (now you got me singing that song too!)

Michelle said...

Oh, I love your rainbow music background! Gorgeous!

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card...

Jacquie Southas said...

This is a beautiful take on both challenges!

Rebecha said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for inspiring me to take on some blog challenges this weekend, too. :)

Christina said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe you sponged the stamp to create such a perfect rainbow. It is so soft and pretty, and the contrast with the black butterfly and sentiment is brilliant!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Veronica! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)