Wednesday, January 11, 2012

{You Make My Life Brighter}

smooch3




    Hello hello! Does this card make you smile as much as it makes me smile? Well I hope so. That sweet little bug is from the Paper Smooches clear stamp set "Giddy Bug". This was another fabulous item I received in the WCMD box of happiness I received in November. I just can't say thank you enough times. Today for the very first time I am playing along with the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge (getting my card in just under the wire, sorrry!)  I can't believe it took me so long to try out these stamps, and believe me more sets are in my future. I had so much fun coloring that cute little bug. I used copics, promarkers, and my new Zig Writer pigment markers. They leave such a beautiful rich color behind, but use it lightly because the ink is wet, and the paper will ball up easily. I found that out the hard way, but luckily I stamped the lightning bug several times because I knew I would need a couple re-do's. *smile*  The beautiful heart border chain is an SVG file from "A Little Hut". Seriously, have you been to check out her stuff....seriously amazing.  I cut out three chains using Stampin Up Brights Stack DSP and added a line of stitching using kraft colored thread. I love, love, love the way that turned out! Speaking of colors I was inspired by the current challenge at CR84FN using these colors:



So bright and happy! I hope that you will play along this week with these challenges and as always thank you for visiting my blog! I truly love and appreciate every single comment.

                                                                                    

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a cute card Veronica! Love the little sweet bee! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I LOVE those hearts and that little bug is colored perfectly! LOVE:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

Indy's Designs said...

I love your colors and the chain of hearts! Overall wonderful!!

Deborah Frings said...

I think these hearts are just super and I adore this card, it's clean, simple, bright and FUN! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Anonymous said...

Stubbmled accross your blog and decided to have a very quick study, not what I usually do, but you have a great blog. Wonderful to see a site that isnt full of spam, and actually makes some sense. Awesome blog

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! I think you've encapsulated the mission of this blog and our challenge.