Monday, January 30, 2012

{For Cath (sans CHA) with Love Blog Hop}




      Hello friends! Today I have the pleasure of  joining along on a Blog Hop for the queen of all things Moxie Fab, Cath Edvalson. Cath is unable to attend CHA because of a painful injury.  So Lorena Canto and Virginia Lu had the wonderful idea to have a blog hop to cheer up Cath. So lets get this party started!



cathhop2

    My card features two brand new PTI sets Mat Stack 5 Collection, and the "Thank You" stamp set that PTI so generously included free of charge with my order last week! I stamped the Mat Stack label using Turquoise Gem by Versamagic. Such a beautiful color! The scrolls, and sentiment were stamped in Fresh Ink's - Chocolate pigment ink. (love) The ultra textured background is Core'dinations card stock. Every time I use this on a card I always think to myself, "I need to use this more often." I love Cor'dinations and they have some new kraft Core'dinations coming out that I am so adding to my paper stash! I distressed the wood grain with my SU sanding block,  cut the panel into 3 layers and added machine stitching around all of the edges. I assembled and fussy cut a few pieces, and finally finished the card off with button and white taffeta ribbon from SU.  I tell ya it was nice making a card for fun, and for a great cause.

Cath, thank YOU for all you do to inspire us, and I hope and pray that your shoulder and arm start feeling better ASAP. Hugs!


                                                                         

20 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Hello, Veronica! your gorgeous card is going to give Cath a happy smile!It is simply amazing! Thank you for being part of this hop for Cath! xoxo

Deirdre said...

Beautiful card - love it.

Nadine said...

Gorgeous card! Love how you layered the mat stack die on the scroll-y flowers. You did a great job cutting those out!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

What a perfect card for Cath - she will LOVE it! Hugs, Karin

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, Veronica! Love the serene color combo you used, and thar subtle woodgrain background! Thanks so much for joining the blog hop! :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is totally fab - love how you've put it all together and my fave color!

Ginger Claire said...

Gorgeous card - now I have to do some more shopping at PTI xx

cheiron said...

Gorgeous Veronica! Love the color!

donna mikasa said...

gorgeous card--love the color combo!

Aimes said...

Such a pretty card - I'm diggin those colours and your panelled background!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

JJ Bolton said...

Looks like you're loving that new MS5 set too! Gorgeous stamping and color! And I love the triptych background!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Oh my what a beautiful card, Veronica! I absolutely adore the color scheme--and you know how I love me some wood grain! I so appreciate you taking the time and trouble to work this up for me--I feel incredibly loved, and very much cheered up! :)

Love,
Cath

Ingrid Danvers said...

Your card is gorgeous. I really love the way you used the Mat Stack 5 collection. Thanks for the inspiration!

Amy C said...

This is so very pretty!! Love the color combo.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great colors on your card.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

~amy~ said...

beautiful card!

yyam said...

Oh my! What an elegant card! I love the colour combo! :)

Arlene said...

Gorgeous card! :)

Levana Xu said...

That is beautiful card, dear

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is just lovely!!! Beautiful job